Community Investment Ventures Holdings
  • Home
  • /
  • Topics
  • /
  • Community Investment Ventures Holdings

Remgro swells CIVH shareholding in R3.7bn rights offer

Remgro is set to increase its shareholding in Community Investment Ventures Holdings after participating in the company’s rights offer.

Jun 24, 2021

DFA CEO Andries Delport eyes telco sites in fibre push

The new CEO wants to use the experience from Vodacom to target mobile businesses, as the open-access fibre provider looks to grow its market share in SA.

Jun 14, 2021

Former Vodacom CTO Andries Delport appointed DFA CEO

Community Investment Ventures Holdings today announced Thinus Mulder will formally step down as CEO of its subsidiary DFA on 30 September.

Jun 2, 2021

Lack of IOT growth in SA was SqwidNet’s biggest undoing

Community Investment Ventures Holdings says the decision to wind-down operations of its Internet of things unit boils down to the technology failing to take off in SA.

Mar 25, 2021

Vumatel rakes in R1bn as DFA’s revenue remains flat

COVID-19 accelerated the requirements for data and, in turn, assisted in the performance of the fibre business for the six months ended 31 December.


Community Investment Ventures continues to drown Remgro

Remgro-controlled Community Investment Ventures reports a R197 million loss for the six months ended December 2019, up from the previous R104 million loss.

Nov 28, 2019

Remgro unit appoints CEO to exploit DFA, Vumatel assets

After poaching Vodacom CTO Andries Delport, Community Investment Ventures names Raymond Ndlovu as its CEO, along with other executive appointments.

Apr 30, 2019

Vumatel, CIVH merger gets green light

The Competition Tribunal approves the proposed merger whereby Community Investment Ventures Holdings seeks to increase its shareholding in Vumatel.

Apr 8, 2019

Tribunal to decide on Vumatel, CIVH union

The Competition Tribunal hosts a competition hearing, as CIVH seeks to increase its shareholding in Vumatel.

Jun 13, 2018

Vumatel suitor foresees fibre market consolidation

Although there are many players in the market, in future the industry will consolidate, says Community Investment Ventures Holdings.

Jun 8, 2018

Vumatel to be sold to CIVH

Community Investment Ventures Holdings (CIVH) acquires 34.9% of Vumatel and enters into an agreement to acquire the remaining 65.1%.

Related topics